Total Pageviews

Monday 28 April 2014

Helping out a friend in need

I’m not religious, but there is something in that saying from the Bible “first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.”

I helped out a friend with financial advice this evening, and it felt really good to do this. I love helping others, I get a real kick out of it. The irony is I am in far worse a situation financially than she is, and I only knew how to help her as it was exactly what I have NOT been doing!!

This isn’t stress-busting in the purest sense, however it has already prompted me to think about regaining control of my money and deal with that knot of anxiety that lurks when I have procrastinated for too long. My general stress levels will be soothed by dealing with these things. 

Helping others to sort things out and make progress makes me feel good about myself. Apparently it's one of the keys to happiness http://www.actionforhappiness.org/10-keys-to-happier-living/do-things-for-others/details I suppose this is why I do the job that I do!

Today’s TOP TIPS

Here is my  7-step rescue plan for when money matters get out of hand and you have no idea where it has all gone:
  1. Embrace internet banking
  2. Download/export the last month’s expenditure onto a spreadsheet
  3. Remove all essential entries from the list
  4. Total up your non-essential outgoings (this figure may shock you)
  5. Sort the entries alphabetically to group places where you have been repeat spending
  6. Voila! You know exactly where you have been going wrong, and where you can cut back
  7. Budget, Budget, Budget!



Now to remove that log…

If you like what you have read, please share this blog and subscribe with your email! Many thanks, ChamomileTea xxx
https://twitter.com/ChamomileTeee 

No comments:

Post a Comment